18.10.13

my dream job.. and the "H" word...

Ok, here is a snapshot into how my life has changed since getting my dream job and using the H word. The "H" word or happy, is a scary word for me, dear readers. I am such a cynic (because of bad breakups, bad luck and bad jobs) and using the H word for me is rare.. When people ask about my life, I tend to stick with "ok" and "everything's good" or I emit lame non-committal sounds .  

I steer clear of saying the jinxed word "happy". 


I dare to say, that the universe has renewed my faith in it, and in myself. I feel as though I can tentatively say.. I am happy. Ok now for some of some snapshots over the last couple days.. 

 I get off the train at Central Station in the middle of Brisbane. Walk past Soupa, where the girls are super sweet. I get a Vanilla Marshmallow Cappuccino and always a little surprise to start my day off :) 


Part of our organisation giving accurate industrial advice, involves training. I have been involved in some amazing training. Such as being down at the Anti-Discrimination Commission of Queensland for a course on the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991. 


Me at work, at my desk. 


This was my table setting for attending the annual Industrial Relations Society of Queensland's high tea put on by  IRIQ - Industrial Relations Consulting Firm.


Amongst the leading industrial relations elite was Deputy President Ingrid Asbury of the Fair Work Commission. Beautifully spoken woman, all class and inspirational. Advice that Commissioner Asbury gave young women starting out in industrial relations that resonated with me.. "Don't be afraid to make mistakes, I have made many in my career, and I have learnt from them. Don't be afraid to go outside your comfort zone and ask questions. Let whatever direction your career pushes you in, let the direction take you". 




Chambord lime and Soda after work with colleagues at the Fox Hotel in South Brisbane. 


I live in the beautiful beachy Gold Coast and work in the trendy centre of Brisbane City. I have my dream job and I feel as though life is only getting better.. I will never again deviate from what I want in life, do not stick with a mediocre job, readers! I have stayed true to what I want and that has been rewarded. 

I know my dream job would be some kind of cowgirl driving the Kharma bus but this job is as close as I am going to get. 


Kisses for now, dear readers... 

1 comment:

  1. So very happy and proud of all you have done in your life, may our lord jesus bless you you everyday of your life :-)

    ReplyDelete