16.10.13

Thursday's child has far to go..

A post about travelling. 

Be inspired dear reader, its time for a weekly inspirational dose of random pictures. This week I picked travel and included a memoir about my train ride from the Gold Coast to Brisbane...

Kayangan Lake, Philippines. 

I am writing to you on the train 730am Wednesday morning, from the Gold Coast to Brisbane on a wi-fi enabled carriage. I need to explain my chipper mood, I have my dream job, which makes my long years of imprisonment service at the institution called Griffith University seem worth it. I now see my sentence graduation date as a real thing. 

Fiji Islands.

I am a quitter. This is not a secret dear readers. The only thing that I quit that was a good thing, was pack a day smoking. But my other premature project abandonments, are embarrassing. For example...My study looks like I am really crafty! TRUTH IS IT IS A graveyard of unfinished business ideas... Ugh! going in there is beginning to really stress me out. Thus, my little seat and area on the train has become my blog office for the next 45 mins. 

Biking in Amsterdam.

I am such a people watcher, readers. And lamely enough, a shoe watcher. Shoes are the real workers of the human world. BAM! Pixar movie called "shoes"! Think about it, old leather shoes that have seen years of service, white socks in mary janes, that are prissy and girly, thongs the traditional Australian choice, with thick Aussie accents, Ballet shoes as control freaks. The villain could be some company (Crocs) that wants to make shoes obsolete, that promises humans comfort and only other shoes realise that they are hideous and evil.


I also love glancing at the different people on the train on their different journeys. People off to Brisbane to explore, to work. There is a man sleeping on his shoulder with his coffee canister being held lovingly on his lap with both hands intertwined. A beautiful girl reading one of Lauren Conrad's memoirs (she's engaged now isn't she the beetch). The bags are impressive also. Oroton, Collette Hayman, my Burberry, canvas bags of various proficiency.

Eiffel Tower, Paris.

Alright, enough about this train ride. People are beginning to wonder about my incredible interest in them. I hate that awkward moment when people look at you, when your looking at them. Looking up is the worst option! I tend to blink and move my head this is to confuse them into thinking that I was just blinking in their direction, not looking at them! Gosh! Yes readers this is a common situation for me.. Judge me! I asked for it by divulging this.. haha


Some of my favourite moments on the train has been listening or chiming into conversations people are engaged in. I heard one man say "the only course he likes is a racecourse". I have also seen a man wearing ladies diamond rings on all his fingers, laughing. Not even real laughing, just laughing dramatically for at least 30 mins. This concludes this post. Move on with your life.

Kisses for now, dear readers. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it and it is both refreshing and relaxing reading your story, love always mummy xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete