7.7.13

♥ FIRST DAY in Oxford! ♥


Hi dreamers,

It is a dream! I keep expecting that its all not real! Mikayla, Tom and I were whisked away via coach from Heathrow airport to Oxford City where we walked along cobbled streets with old cottage style housing all around us. The University itself is all sandstone and old architecture which can only be described as romantic.

The looming turrets of Oxford University were considerably impressive. We registered and got our room keys. My room is exactly the way I pictured it, the video below is a little of the building I am residing in and the layout of my room.

I have also laid out on the desk the textbooks and information we were given upon registration. I have been told my bedroom looks quite small in the video, the dimension are roughly 5 metres by 6 metres without including my bathroom, with my ceiling being 6 metres up. :o)


After we settled in and unpacked a bit Mikayla, Tom and I explored a little through Oxford City.. Breathtaking! Old cobblestone streets with history and art just everywhere. Lewis Carroll the author of Alice in Wonderland was to be an Oxonian but alas was enrolled and only able to attend 2 days before returning home due to an illness his mother had died from.

This has meant lots of Alice in Wonderland themed shops and little attractions, there is also loads of Harry Potter referencing and merchandise due to parts of Harry Potter being filmed on the Oxford campus.

I have also met some of the most interesting people in the world! As there are professionals just doing this course to contribute to their career, the people here have incredible backgrounds.

One lady in particular from South Carolina did her undergraduate degree, became a police officer then decided to make her own business being a police adviser, did her law degree and had a successful career advising the police on the correct legal behaviour expected of them. Her ability and knowledge brought her renowned fame and respect to the point where she became a policy adviser in Afganistan. This meant she was giving policy advise about the way the police were being run all the way to the way to how courts were treating prisoners. Like I said interesting!

I would also like to mention there has been historic weather here, it got up to 30 degrees today! We are expecting sunny weather all week :o)

For now it is too late to tell you anymore, kisses.

p.s thankyou for all the support!


3 comments:

  1. what a great piece of history and I am so proud that you are there in person to experience it, it is a fantastic video and thank you so much, feels like I am there as well, love always mummyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great room you have and wow!!!! about the view I am so jealous:-) enjoy and message or call anytime:-) love mummyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place. We are much envious of you. Your description of the coble stone streets and old houses sounds like magic.

    Enjoy the experience.

    Love Col

    ReplyDelete