5.7.13

T'was the night before Oxford..

T'was the night before travelling, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The suitcases were packed to bursting with great care,
In hopes that after 30 hours of travel we would get there.
The two of them will be nestled snug in plane beds,
While visions of great authors danced in their heads.
Mikayla in her gorgeous trench coat, and I with my map,
Will need to settle down for a long air ride nap. 
Suitcases, passports and a sprinkling of excitement!

I am sitting at the Brisbane International Airport quivering with anticipation.. I am wearing jeans, a loose top, a coat, and my never-let-me-down ankle boots...

I am armed to deal with the arduous journey with my laptop/kindle/camera/book/journal and MOST IMPORTANTLY A COMFY NECK PILLOW.

One thing I forgot to mention, there is the loveliest girl going on this crazy adventure with me.. Mikayla Kuhne, you may see her in the next few posts as she is more photogenic than I. :o) Mikayla is the reason I even applied to go on this journey, so I owe her many many thanks!

We have arduous travelling ahead of us with our first flight departing from Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur where we shall stay there for approximately 4 hours. Then we are on our second flight to Heathrow, London. We will start our travelling from Brisbane at 11:20pm and arrive at Heathrow at 4:20pm on the 6th.... The time difference is about 9 hours in the past.

BEFORE YOU ALL SAY IT! Yes, I will be really safe.

One last little note, my darling boyfriend/love of my life gave me the absolute best last day with him. Without him and his calming powers over me, I would never have arrived in such a good place at the airport and in life generally. He gets 4 weeks of blissful free reign over our little housey and it is well earned. I hope he gets all the staying up late and sugar and boyish fun he can handle whilst I am away... I made him about 5 dinners and 5 huge triple choc muffins to tie him over for at least the next 2 days.. 

For now dear readers "Happy travelling to all, and to all a goodnight."

3 comments:

  1. hello my princess, yes I know I keep on saying it I love you my first born and looking forward to hearing all your adventures:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Rita! Your living proof that no matter what shitty relationships happen in your life you can still find your way safely to your destiny! You will make an incredible lawyer & Im epically jealous of your Oxford adventure! Have fun :) xxxxxx Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you have made it in London we so looking forward to hearing all about your travel. Love always, Mummy, Colin & Jadexox

    ReplyDelete